Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What could be the other me/What could be …the other me?

“Devil-man, Devil-man calling! Devil-man runnin’ in my head-yeah!”
White Zombie, “Super-Charger Heaven.”

“I KNOW that GOD lives in everybody’s souls, & the only ‘devil’ in your world, lives in the human… heart! So now ask your self, what is human? & What is truth? Ask your self. Whose voice is it. That whispers unto you? From the cellars of your homes. From the tops of your city roofs…Ask yourself whose voice is it. That whispers unto you?”
The The, “Good Morning Beautiful.”

Every once in a while, when doing nothing in particular, dancing, walking, staring… I’ll glimpse onto, what could be, if I let the shadow side dominate my actions. The evil behavior I am capable of, the destructive sexual practices, moral ambiguity, and easy, easy access to anything. I am rampant in my consumption of everything. My family and friends are heartbroken. I am dying.

These scenes are very disturbing, as the dark side of my personality is capable of driving my actions towards these ends, if given ample opportunity. It could be so easy.

Temptation tempts me every moment, every day.

No comments: