Saturday, October 25, 2008

Samuel, September 1993



It was just like a movie, or a dream. Everything moved so much slower as I biked my way towards his house. Sunset was upon us and I was not paying any attention to sounds, visually drinking in the totally new landscape of Key West. The pastels, the florae, the buildings, and the people staring back at me in a way they never did back in Missouri.

Then there was his house. He answered the door and kissed me, with confidence and submission. Melting and molten all at once, he was beautiful physically, like Harry Hamlin. As dusk darkened into night, he put on The The’s “Love is stronger than death,” and we sat on the couch, facing the pool, the music a complimentary background for our passions.

Like a damn movie, or a dream I tell ya. He had everything down perfectly. The scenery, the mechanics, the dialogue…and he practiced endlessly. As I found out later, every day, almost, always with someone new. Bummer. Samuel slept with many, many, many people.
Beautiful Samuel was the first of many questionable sexual decisions made during my stay in Key West.

No comments: