Saturday, October 25, 2008

Early morning or late night, Key West – November/December 1993



At 4:30 almost every morning, if I was up, which was usually, because it was too hot to sleep, or I was too fucked up or not fucked up enough…

Waiting for my roommates to get home from work at the Copa. Dreading their arrival.
Drunken accusations thrown about, yelling, bullshit-drama almost every night about this time. The same two of us would yell at the same two of us. We began to hate the other. I would sit there, staring, the lights, but nothing else, on. I made no sounds waiting for them, waiting for it to begin again.

But before they’d get home, sometimes, someone, some guy but not the same guy probably, would be getting his dick sucked outside our window, as we lived next to an adult book store. And although it wasn’t the same guy (probably), they all said “Yeah…suck it…” In tones hushed, yet commanding and loud enough to be heard through our windows on the second floor.

No comments: