Saturday, June 2, 2012

It's Cooked And We're Boned? No. It's Boned And We're Cooked!

New photos show what remains of No. 4 reactor building’s eastern wall  The top photo shows how much progress TEPCO's cleanup has made.  Cleaner?  Yes.  Sturdy?  For now..

The fact Spent Fuel Pool/Reactor 4 remains standing is the only thing standing between us and global catastrophe.  Earthquakes happen almost daily.  There's enough material here to contaminate..  Everything, eventually.  And there's a good chance a quake will come along sooner rather than later, thereby causing civilization to effectively end.  

I, for one, are doing things I will miss when they become unavailable.  Went to a movie tonight.  I haven't been in a theater in two years.  Small crowd, no one talked..  It was really nice! 

I will be, in the very near future, doing more items on my Fukushima Bucket List.  Small, accessible activities I love.  Up next, Thai or Indian, and frozen custard.  Jogging outdoors.  A day of photography.  Asking ______ out.  This really is the time, friends.  There might not be any more.   Don't say no one ever told you.. 

No comments: