Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wow. This Was Unexpected..

Mike Tyson: My whole life is a waste. Excerpts:

Former boxing champ Mike Tyson has dedicated the rest of his life to caring for others - because he considers himself a "pig" who has "wasted" so many years of his life.

And:

He tells Details magazine, "The first stage of my life was just a whole bunch of selfishness. Just a whole bunch of gifts to myself and people who didn't necessarily deserve it. Now I'm 44, and I realise that my whole life is just a f**king waste. 'Greatest man on the planet'? I wasn't half the man I thought I was."

And:

.."The sporting icon admits the tragic loss of his four-year-old daughter Exodus last year (09) made him realize his mistakes: "All these people reached out (after her death) and I realized: I just want to be of service to people. I need to help. I need to have something, finally, finally, that I can offer people in this world."

I hope he's sincere. His story gives me hope: For humanity, for the future.

No comments: