Saturday, February 27, 2010

Uh Oh.. BIG Earthquake(s)

Two big ass EQ's in the last 24 hours: 7.0 in Japan, and 8.8 in off the coast of Chile. Not a typo: 8.8.. It's 2:14 a.m. Central Standard Time, and CNN, et al.. haven't uttered a peep that I've heard, although the forum I culled this from says otherwise.. If you happen to be reading this while on the west coast, two things: Welcome!, and Thanks for reading!, and check out this Tsunami map, just in case..

Here's the latest Tsunami warning.. The West Coast looks like it will stay safe, at the moment. And here's a full list of EQ's over the last seven days. The number is about the same, but the magnitudes are increasing..

1 comment:

Branson Missouri said...

I use to live on the Coast and traversed three Tectonic Plates (California/Oregon border.


I've lived 3/4's of my life less than a mile from major faults.

Such a beautiful and dangerous place to be my friend.