Saturday, February 27, 2010

This Makes Me Feel Better About Myself..

"More intelligent people are significantly more likely to exhibit social values and religious and political preferences that are novel to the human species in evolutionary history. Specifically, liberalism and atheism, and for men (but not women), preference for sexual exclusivity correlate with higher intelligence, a new study finds."

No, I'm not an atheist, but Agnostic beliefs are perceived the same way in today's society. I always find it funny that, after a conversation about my belief in, for example, astrology, some acquaintances will say "So, you don't believe in God?" Quite the contrary! Astrology strengthens the belief I have in a Sophisticated Entity beyond our collective comprehension, as does fractal geometry, the human circulatory system, and synchronicity "coincidence."

It's nice to have an alternate perspective to the puzzled looks I receive sometimes after voicing my opinions: My thoughts are not necessarily crazy, just Novel!

No comments: