Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Too Doped Up To Say Shit..

I know I'm not alone in thinking this, and I've seen this addressed before, but Xymphora sums it as well as anyone.. How many days since 2001 have I thought, "Am I the only one seeing this? Why aren't there outraged mobs permanently protesting almost everything? Turns out, most everybody's too fucked up to care, and those that aren't are experiencing the "second hand smoke" effect of "pharma water." And, I'm sure that if they could, wildlife would tell us to Knock It Off, as it's fucking with them, too.

So while I understand the whole "Teabag" movement as having some legitimate concerns (but still not seeing the Whole Big Picture that those they support now Created The Problem then), I doubt they'll be able (under current circumstances) to focus, organize, and field unified opposition to what they perceive dangerous for this exact same reason. At the end of the day, they won't jeopardize their material comforts, and they won't jeopardize the surety of their legal high in trade for the political and societal Unknown serious protest might bring. And they too, are scratching their heads, wondering if anyone else is paying attention to what they're seeing..

No comments: