Monday, February 1, 2010

Fever Ray, Renaissance Woman For The Age Of Aquarius!

Wow! If I weren't gay, I'd swear I'm in love.. Equal parts Laurie Anderson, Salvador Dali, Luis Bunuel and Lady Ga-Ga, Karin Dreijer Andersson of Fever Ray isn't afraid of making an artistic statement(or freaking out the audience at an awards show), be it performance, visual, or musically. One half of the group Knife (with her brother Olof), Sweden(and the rest of Europe) has been hip to her groove for several years now, and with the release of her new CD, America has a chance to catch up with the rest of the world.

Here's your chance to check her out. Videos here for "If I Had A Heart," and "When I Grow Up." Her persona is creepy and intriguing, beautiful and discomfiting. I want to know more..

No comments: