Thursday, April 17, 2008

Conversation with Kyrri, Sagittarius. January 2001.

Disparities of time and place are inconsequential. Together, we have all begun from the same place, in the same form, born into this form. And so we all began together, encountering, along the way, others from foreign worlds, with customs and experiences unknown to ours for understanding, of them, of ourselves.

“Do you know where we get these?” She said, pointing to the divot between her nose and lips.
“No, I don’t.” I say, touching my own.
“I read in a book, how, just before you’re born, an Angel tells you everything about your life. What will happen, when you’ll die, who you’ll love, things like that.”

She is animated, standing before me as I sit on the three steps leading from the living room to the bathroom, explaining her philosophies, making dramatic gestures, telling her anecdotes. She giggles a bit in between sentences, beautiful brown eyes shining, her head filled with the overwhelming belief of the good of humanity, and a supreme, and wonderful God-force, whatever name he/she/it assumes.

“The Angel then puts a finger over your lips, to the bottom of your nose, and says ‘Shhh…you’ll forget everything you know…’” She smiles at my reaction. The impact of her anecdote is significant.

No comments: