Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Gerry Rafferty, R.I.P.

Baker Street singer Gerry Rafferty dies in hospitalLiver failure. 

To tell you the truth, I thought he died several years ago, as that seemed to be the general consensus.  I guess I missed the follow-up..

While mostly forgotten within the music industry, Rafferty was well known in the 70's and into the 80's for Stuck In The Middle With You(Stealer's Wheel), Baker Street(Maybe the best saxophone hook in rock music..), and a few other hits, including Right Down The Line, Get It Right Next Time, and Home and Dry.

And, evidently, he wrestled with alcohol most of his adult life, and in the end, alcohol, or its after effects, won out.  To you, Mr. Rafferty;  I hope you've found peace and an end to your suffering.  I'm sorry your end of life became so difficult and painful..  Thank you for providing some great, great tracks for my personal, teenage soundtrack.  I enjoyed them all..

No comments: