Saturday, August 22, 2009

Congratulations, Antlers! You just made the Album of the Decade!

I've heard some amazing music the last nine years, but "Hospice," by Antlers, is by far the best. A concept album about an abusive terminal cancer patient and her caregiver/boyfriend (According to the review.. I haven't quite grasped that on my own..) isn't a real fun pretext for music, but everything; every note, every second.. is perfect. Too heavy on the compliments? Not to me. Listen for yourself( Lala is located in the blue box to the right of the review. Hit "Play all" for the full experience..). Love it or hate it, you won't be able to be objective about it..

I've heard this album once, immediately ordered it, and have thought about it continuously for the last 24 hours. The level of creativity this group manifests is staggering. I'm now a fan. A true, ardent, over the top fan of Antlers. Thanks in advance for the amazing hours I'll spend with your work. I can't wait.

No comments: